Top tips for nanny interviews
Ruby Brown on June 07, 2017
The first step is a quick phone chat to discuss each others needs and get a feel for compatibility. We encourage families to ask as many questions as possible before meeting candidates.
Here are some questions to help you clarify expectations and find your match. Our nannies work with multiple families across the week and our availability is quick to change during peak season, so please be sure to clarify the nanny’s availability before moving forward.
- Do you work with other families? If so, when?
- When are you available to work with us?
- Do you have any changes to availability coming up?
- What do you enjoy most about working with children?
- What are you looking for in your next family?
- Do you have a routine that you work to?
- What are your favourite things to do with this age group?
- Tell me about your last nanny job. What were the positives? Were there any difficulties? How did you work through these?
- What have you learned from your work with families?
- What do you consider to be your strengths?
- What are your plans for the next year or so?
- What is your childcare philosophy?
- Where do you draw inspiration from?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- What are you looking for in your next role?
Contact us to discuss your needs
We'll come back to you within 48 hours
Finding nannies since 2011
Quality over quantity
Nanny Match would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which we are living and working and pay our respects to their elders both past and present.
© Nanny Match